- Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10434 ( Update: This is the only official provider made by Microsoft itself)
This is the URL I originally posted (from which the below screenshots come):
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12205– Of course you are recommended to go to the official URL above.
- Check “Let me install this experimental add-on” and click “Add to FireFox”
Now the add-in is there.
- In the search bar, click the little triangle at the left and choose Bing.
- In your browser it may not the first item nor bold as in the pic here. Click “Manage Search Engines…”.
- Click “Move Up” to have it the first item
- If you have Google Toolbar, you need to check more settings:
- Go to Google Settings. In the “Layout” tab, make sure to choose “Classic Toolbar Layout”. Save that.
- In Firefox address bar, type:
without “http://” or anything, and click the button that appears then.
- In the “Filter” field type: “browser.search.defaultenginename”
- Double click the only result that will show, you get a message box where you should enter text. Replace the existing text “Google” with “Bing” instead, and click OK.
- Close the window. Your default provider is set.
Have fun :-)